– THE TEN QUESTIONS –
1. What’s the first book you remember reading by yourself?
It probably wasn’t Harry Potter and the Philosophers Stone, but it’s the first one I remember, and it’s the first book I read that really, really, caught my imagination.
2. What’s your favourite book?
The Hobbit, it’s short, it’s simple, it’s an easy read with great imagery. Some of the scenes in this book have really stuck in my head and stayed there.
3. Who is your favourite author?
Phillip Pullman. His His Dark Materials trilogy is great, it’s children’s literature that is complex enough to enjoy as an adult, I also think it was the first set of books I read that made me cry. Louise Erdrich is another favorite she is an Ojibwe writer who explores Native American characters and settings, without romanticising but with powerful great imagery.
4. If you could have afternoon tea with one author who would it be?
Harper Lee because she didn’t interview often, and I would love a chance to ask her some questions.
5. If you could spend all night in a bar with one author who would it be?
Philip Pullman, because being drunk is the best time to ask the big philosophical questions and I feel like he would have some great answers.
6. Where is your favourite place to read?
In bed, I always read before I sleep because it helps me dream.
7. Who’s your favourite book character?
Flur (Tracks by Louise Erdrich). She is a native american character surrounded by mystery but presented in Erdrich’s novels so powerfully that she sticks in your mind.
8. Which book universe would you like to live in?
Middle Earth, I’d love to live in Hobbiton or Rivendell because they are such beautiful places, with many opportunities for adventures.
9. Which book would you like to make compulsory reading?
His Dark Materials trilogy, its clever and it’s well written. I think they’re books that can make you think- even if you are a child reading them.
10. What are you reading right now?
Four Souls by Louise Erdrich
– THE END –
If you would like to feature in ’10 Questions for a Book Lover’ then please send your answers to these questions along with your name and a link to your blog to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Follow me on Twitter: @ByfordsBooks
Follow Alice on Twitter: @blog_VOD_film